Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Intense!

Wow, its been a long time since I have written anything. 
Well here I am, 8 days til Christmas. 
My cards are not sent, my gifts are not wrapped. 
I haven't bought anything for anyone. 
And yesterday we finally got a tree.
And I am actually kind of proud of all of that. 
I have no desire to give into the crazy pace of this consumer driven holiday. 
Listen, if you get your card after Christmas, and that makes you think less of me... I don't care. 
I am only sending it to you because I love you, the holiday has very little to do with it.
 
In other news it is 2am. I just woke up from an 8 hour nap during which I had some intense dreams that involved car accidents, raising the dead, and a trip to Heaven. It was flippin' crazy. 
And then I woke up, caught up on my google reader, and made Pokemon Mac and Cheese. 

I have to go to work in 7 hours. boo. 

I have been listening to Coldplay in my car lately 
(just one of the many advantages of having a car made in this century)

I love the last song, Death and all his friends, at about the 2:30 mark the music swells and the lyrics are amazing:

"No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end 
I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge
I don't wanna follow death and all his friends." 


The funny thing about Coldplay lyrics is that they can mean anything to anyone. 
What do they mean to you?

No comments: