Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

I made shepherd’s pie, from scratch, without a recipe. Just thought I would get that out there.

Currently watching Harry Potter, I watched the most recent movie the other night and there are more biblical parallels than I can count, and if you have read the last book then you know that Harry dies to defend his friends and by doing so he effectively conquers evil in the world. Sorry if I just ruined that for you, but seriously, you haven’t read the book yet? You are waiting for the movie? That’s so lame. Anyway, I said all that to say that the author of the HP books wouldn't reveal the end of the series even though the religious right said that her books "were of the devil.",
In other words she kicks ass, and she is very brave.

I am going to Susie V this weekend to take Sara to my Dad’s, if he really is my dad, lol. I can’t decide if I want to go to church or not, part of me thinks it will hurt too much. Bill told a story on Sunday to illustrate that so much of the Christian life is already paid for, we are just sitting on our hands waiting for one more thing; one more sign, one more wonder, and then we will live the life of faith and communion that we were destined for.


I have been trying to come up with a one liner that could sum all my feelings up, but I can’t.


Off to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are so cool.

i want pie.